ASVAB

ASVAB SCORE

I scored a 99 on the ASVAB, I took it last year about this time. In the new system, the highest score you can get is a 99, and that is if you have perfect scores in each category. I was asked by the recruiter " What do you want to do?" They offered me everything from Intel to Boom Operator ( my base is an Air Refueling Wing) I could do anything I wanted, but I chose the one that I was best suited for in my Civilian career. I chose Fire Protection. The AFQT is taken from 4 of the tests, though I forget which ones they were. The test is easier now, especailly when you have to take it at a MEPS on a computer.

RE:

What the shiet?! i took the AFQT last year before i even really started the school year and i scored something like 38. recruiter said minimum is like 34 or lower. it wasnt bad, but i took my GED so i can get my Adult diploma and i scored pretty good all around. got 98 and 92% in lit' and pretty good in science & math. Seeing how you need to score highest in science, math, and word knowledge to be an HC, ill go to jr college for a year to prep for it.
Ill only join the navy under 2 conditions, which is that i will be assured that ill be HC, and that i can be stationed somewhere near the west coast so im not to far from my family.
And my uncle in the navy said that the military is cutting back on forces, meaning that they are kinda letting people go in a way. i forgot exactly how he told me.

I was wondering... If I were to take the ASVAB and score kinda low would I be able to take it again? That's what I have heard, but yet, I have also heard that the score you get the first time is what you get... Please help me out... Thanks for your time... :?:

ASVABS?!?!?!?!?

On to another question. If you are planning to join the Air Force as an officer are you required to take the ASVABS?
:) thanks

ok thank you i just bought an ASVAB study guide and all it talks about is enlisting and elistment jobs so i was just making sure... Oh and GT???
(I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN)

;) thanks for the welcome

The asvab is broken into 10 sub scores

GT - general technical aptitude area
GM - general mechanics
EL - electronics
CL - Clerical Aptitude Area
MM - motor mechanics
SC - surveillance communications
CO - combat operations
FA - artillery
OF - ???????
ST - skilled technical service

I hope all of those are right!!!!

that's how the army does it. It may be a little different for the air force.

GT is your overall intelligence

ASVAB HELP!

I have recently took the ASVAB test for the Air Guard. I got my scores back and found a job that I wanted. It was a avionics on F-16 and F-111 and needed a score of E67 to qualify which i did. The other day i went to see a Air Force recruiter and asked to see a list of critical jobs. One of the jobs was avionics on F-15/A-10. Which needed a score of E70 or better. I got a E67 on my test. All of the avionics required a score of E70 or better. I dont understand why its like this . My question is, is the scoring different between the two? or did they change the requirements for the air force. I dont know yet , becuase the recruiter is getting my scores back. but i was goign to see if any of you guys knew. THanx

I have recently took the ASVAB test for the Air Guard. I got my scores back and found a job that I wanted. It was a avionics on F-16 and F-111 and needed a score of E67 to qualify which i did.

Im confused. Do we still have F-111s in the Regular, Reserve, or Guard inventory?

My question is, is the scoring different between the two? or did they change the requirements for the air force. I dont know yet , becuase the recruiter is getting my scores back. but i was goign to see if any of you guys knew. THanx

You might want to review and re-write the question for clarity. Although there are administrative differences between the Air Guard, The Reserve, and the Regular Air Force, the qualifications for tasks should be the same.

There are differences in the avionic packages between the planes, which may or may not require the same degree of sophistication to repair or adjust them. Im quite surprised that the knowledge of electronics requirement for the A-10 are on par with the F-15, but thats the way it goes i guess. It might help to know the Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC) that goes with these tasks to understand the differences.

I took a practice ASVAB test and i only got a 63(i will prob do better after college and some more life experiences). I was wondering what kind of jobs i could get with a 70 and under on the test?

and can you tell me what i would get with a 71-80 score

81-90

and 91-100

Well I scored 79 on the asvab!...... and one job came up on the screen I guess its all timing lol! I got 13F as my MOS which is a combat job but its a smart combat job lol!!!!!

See, thats interesting... I scored an 80% on my ASVAB and when the recruiter was telling me which jobs I could ask for it was basically any job I wanted. From infantry to intel to cooking, it pretty much didn't matter, it was all up to me. The only thing I found out, from MEPS though, is that the job MOS field has to have an opening, if not, you'll have to wait... But I've seen many guys go to MEPS and just take another job because they didn't wanna wait anymore... Especially at MEPS ;)

bllrby2104 said:
what is the asvab test? what does it stand for? also what is MEPS and MOS?

ASVAB is "Armed Service Vocational Aptitude Battery" and it bascially general knowledge, etc. to see how "smart" you are. MEPS is where you get your general physical, background check, etc. (for every branch), and MOS is what job you are.

Back