Assuming

tetvet

Banned
I'm assuming / presuming that there are some military thinkers in this forum that like me are trying to understand the Obamas Administration actions involving the mid-east crisis , the arming of Syria rebels or rabble your choice , the re re re training of the Iraqi Army , the U.S. is adapting a Band-Aid policy that is going to lead us into a full fledge war .:visor:

Last edited:
They can change direction rather impulsively. Currently I think he wants the best of both worlds. To defeat IS, but without using US ground troops.

I would really prefer if Obama stuck to playing golf for the next two years and avoid making any decisions at all , he is living proof that this Country can survive with no President at all but he's not the first Jimmy Carter also showed us that .

Obama's strategy is half-hearted and hesitant.

I´m not sure those half efforts in Syria will eventually be able to fulfill the president´s goal. It´s a fine strategy in relation to containing and split the IS. But it´s not a strategy that leads to defeat for the IS. If you want to remove the IS, you have to be totally committed in Syria

Obama said in his speech that the United States will not put ground troops into battle against the IS in Iraq and Syria. Instead, the United States supports moderate local partners on the ground who is already struggling with IS.

But the problem in Syria is, there´s no local partners, it´s fictitious partners, he´s talking about, and in Iraq, the Iraqi army are in dissolution and, therefore, no effective partner now

On the whole, the conflict is near-bottomless, because it is not just about IS.
Defeat of the IS is not an impossible goal. The US military and many other armies in the region could quickly eradicate IS. The problem is that the IS is nurtured by and in the midst of the sectarian fault line between Sunnis and Shiites, and if you get involved in this conflict, you will put yourself as a mediator in the 1400 years old struggle between Sunnis and Shiites. The US did that for ten years (during the recent Iraq war.) - Without great success

The extended battle with the IS will be the next chapter in a grueling battle that has kept the United States at war in one form or another since the day 13 years ago when hijacked aircraft crushed America´s sense of security...the fight against the IS will require far more intense American bombing than in Somalia and Yemen

what are can -are we doing

A repeat in part. Large scale strategic bombing will set ISIS back. Using AWAKs we can locate their hardware, armored vehicles, artillery, the weapons that are giving them the edge in their conventional style war, that has gained them so much territory. After pinpointing these weapons we can then destroy all this hardware faster than they can replace it. This should take the steam out of their offensive capabilities.

ISIS can still plant bombs and snipe but that's not how they are defeating Assad and the Iraqi army. The radicals will not be completely defeated by heavy - sustained surgical bombing but it could cripple their offensive abilities. (sorry for repeating some of this, but it fits)

I'm not as sure about the training of the 5000 Syrian Rebels in Arabia. Some Syrian rebels who are odds with ISIS sold them the reporters who were murdered. This makes me wonder about the integrity of the opposing Syrian repels?

Obama appears to want to appease.

The root cause needs to be addressed as well. That is an inclusive government in Iraq.

Last edited:
They all fail to see the big picture. ISIS is just a part of it. They all are affraid to call a spade a spade. It's about the violent implementation of Islam. Remember the Massacre of Banu Qurayza in 627 CE? The founder of the "religion of peace", Muhammad, approved the beheading of all male members of the Jewish tribe who had reached puberty. The woman and children were sold in exchange for weapons and horses. Isn't that the same that ISIS is doing? Up until today, "peacefull" muslims are singing a song about it (in Arabic) at protests.

On 12 July 2013 Ms. Yousafzai (the girl that was shot in the head by the Taliban) told young leaders from 100 countries at the United Nations Youth Assembly in New York. “Let us pick up our books and our pens.They are our most powerful weapons. One child, one teacher, one book, and one pen can change the world. Education is the only solution.”

That's the solution, education. Ban all religious schools for children and within a generation the world will be a better place.

The Obama approach to fight terrorism doesn't work. Never has, never will be.

Islam is the enemy along with stupidly on our part , Islam is a culture with its own Laws , Religion and Political Agenda , So how do you fight a culture , we did pretty good against Japan , it was much the same thing .

Back