Army Referall Program

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
Feb 27, 2006

Program for Soldiers to earn $1,000 referral bonus expanded

The latest recruiting incentive that will pay Soldiers a $1,000 lump payment for referring applicants who enlist, complete basic training, and graduate advanced individual training has been expanded. Effective February 17, 2006, the Referral Bonus Pilot Program expanded to include Soldiers performing duty in the Hometown Recruiter Assistance Program (HRAP), Special Recruiter Assistance Program (SRAP), and Active Duty for Special Work (ADSW).

The referral must be made by the Soldier at https://www.usarec.army.mil/smart/ prior to the new recruit’s first meeting with a recruiter.

The incentive is a pilot program, included as one of the provisions in the Fiscal Year 2006 National Defense Authorization Act. Dates of eligibility for the referral bonus are Jan. 1, 2006, through Dec. 31, 2007.

The Secretary of the Army may pay a bonus to any Soldier who refers to an Army recruiter a person who has not previously served in the Armed Forces and enlists in either the Active Army, Army National Guard or the Army Reserves. The referral may not be an immediate family member and the Soldier referring may not be serving in a recruiting or retention assignment.

"Soldiers continue to play an important role in the recruiting process and with this program we are able to recognize their contributions,” said Lt. Gen. Franklin L. Hagenbeck, Deputy Chief of Staff, Army G1 (Personnel). “We thank Congress for their recent legislation to provide bonuses such as these,” he said.

For more information about this pilot incentive program, visit https://www.usarec.army.mil/smart/ or call 1-800-223-3735, ext. 6-0473.

News media should contact LTC Bryan Hilferty at 703-693-0295, bryan.hilferty@us.army.mil, or Mr. Sheldon Smith at 703-697-7487, sheldon.smith@hqda.army.mil.

Great info, B.

To add a bit to that:

National Guard soldiers should be sure to use the NG G-Rap program through Docupak, it's the same idea, only you get 2K per enlistment. It's for NG only, though.

one question on this, i have a close family friend who is in the air force, and i am thinking of joining the army. if he refers me is he eligible for the bonus as it would be a different branch?
thanks, Matt

It is only within the Army from what I have read. They can be Active Duty, Guard or Reserve but in the Army.

Back