Army Diver

About Army Diver Page 3


  International Military Forums > Military Discussion Forums > Joining the Military? Basic Training and Military Service Questions.
User Name
Password

 
June 15th, 2010   #21
Army_Diver_PFC
 
The MOS now for the Army diver is 12D, It is the MOS I just went into and i have a general idea what to expect, message me if you have any questions that I mgiht be able to help with !!!

And i am NOT going into SF, so you dont need to to be an Army Diver... I am doing AIT school at Ft. Leonardwood MO for 3 weeks, then I go to a Navy Dive school in Panama City Florida
 
June 18th, 2010   #22
03USMC
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Diver_PFC
The MOS now for the Army diver is 12D, It is the MOS I just went into and i have a general idea what to expect, message me if you have any questions that I mgiht be able to help with !!!

And i am NOT going into SF, so you dont need to to be an Army Diver... I am doing AIT school at Ft. Leonardwood MO for 3 weeks, then I go to a Navy Dive school in Panama City Florida
engineers have dive spots too but very few.


Sgt. Rafael Peralta ,United States Marine Corps
Company A, 1st Bn, 3rd Marine Regt, 3rd Marine Divison

We will never forget your valor and sacrifice.

Semper Fi !
 
June 18th, 2010   #23
Army_Diver_PFC
 
What are you saying ?? My official title will be an Army Engineer Diver, is there something separate ??
 
June 21st, 2010   #24
PJ24
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Diver_PFC
What are you saying ?? My official title will be an Army Engineer Diver, is there something separate ??
Your name would indicate you're already an Army Diver, might wanna fix that, chief.


Ut ceteri vivant.
 
June 22nd, 2010   #25
AZ_Infantry
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Diver_PFC
What are you saying ?? My official title will be an Army Engineer Diver, is there something separate ??
I think all he was saying is that the Engineers have their own Army divers, as well - that 12D is the actual MOS, but Engineers train and use their own.

Like in the Infantry: our Armorers were 11-series, not an Armorer (Weapon Repair Specialist) MOS. And we used both 11-series and 88-series as supply drivers.

The military tries to keep "official" job titles grouped by MOS. But because of the vast necessity to maintain unit readiness at all times with a diversity of jobs within a unit's mission parameters, it is not at all uncommon for a unit to have specialty personnel trained to do jobs that are otherwise a different MOS than their TO&E shows as authorized attachments.

He's not saying anything about the 12D MOS, just adding some information to the thread that others might not know about.
 
June 26th, 2010   #26
MikeP
 
 
I was on a team with a senior NCO from the SF dive school long ago.
I know some guys who went through it.
It was kind of random and a combat oriented school.
Not everyone got to attend, like HALO and other real specialized stuff.
Very tough, lots of running and distance swimming.
They launched from subs, boats and planes.
 
June 26th, 2010   #27
PJ24
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP
I was on a team with a senior NCO from the SF dive school long ago.
I know some guys who went through it.
It was kind of random and a combat oriented school.
Not everyone got to attend, like HALO and other real specialized stuff.
Very tough, lots of running and distance swimming.
They launched from subs, boats and planes.
CDQC is a different animal than NDSTC, despite the fact that both schools are located in fun Florida locations.
 
June 27th, 2010   #28
MikeP
 
 
In SF it was just an added skill some guys got to acquire.
Not an MOS.
 
June 27th, 2010   #29
Army_Diver_PFC
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ24
Your name would indicate you're already an Army Diver, might wanna fix that, chief.
how do you change it ??
 
June 27th, 2010   #30
Army_Diver_PFC
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Infantry
I think all he was saying is that the Engineers have their own Army divers, as well - that 12D is the actual MOS, but Engineers train and use their own.

Like in the Infantry: our Armorers were 11-series, not an Armorer (Weapon Repair Specialist) MOS. And we used both 11-series and 88-series as supply drivers.

The military tries to keep "official" job titles grouped by MOS. But because of the vast necessity to maintain unit readiness at all times with a diversity of jobs within a unit's mission parameters, it is not at all uncommon for a unit to have specialty personnel trained to do jobs that are otherwise a different MOS than their TO&E shows as authorized attachments.

He's not saying anything about the 12D MOS, just adding some information to the thread that others might not know about.
Ooohh, ok thanks for clerifying ^_^
 



Similar Topics
To Build A Bigger Force, Army Tries New Tack
Key US Army Ranks Begin To Thin
Army Is Cracking Down On Deserters
Army Rushes To Promote Its Officers
General Says Army Will Need To Grow