anybody have a stg44 for sale

hope to buy a mp44 soon,anybody have one that is in need of cash

Are you looking for a real deal German wartime one or a reproduction?

Because a real wartime StG-44 is going to run you between $30,000-$40,000 and is a Title II firearm governed under the 1934 National Firearms Act (Law the regulates machine guns, short barreled rifles & shotgun, suppressors, and "Any Other Weapon" like pen guns). You'll have to go through a NFA Dealer, do a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Form 4, pay the $200 federal transfer tax, and wait the six months for BATFE to approve the transfer. Also are you going to do your Form 4 with a Chief Law Enforcement Officer sign off, Living Trust, or through Incorporation?

If you're not looking at going through that then you can get a current semi-auto German made clone through PTR 91, Inc.. I'm not 100% sure if they're selling them yet since they have to get approval from BATFE for importation and also from the US State Department. If they are already in the US Market then the'll go for about $3,000

Are you looking for a real deal German wartime one or a reproduction?

Because a real wartime StG-44 is going to run you between $30,000-$40,000 and is a Title II firearm governed under the 1934 National Firearms Act (Law the regulates machine guns, short barreled rifles & shotgun, suppressors, and "Any Other Weapon" like pen guns). You'll have to go through a NFA Dealer, do a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Form 4, pay the $200 federal transfer tax, and wait the six months for BATFE to approve the transfer. Also are you going to do your Form 4 with a Chief Law Enforcement Officer sign off, Living Trust, or through Incorporation?

Jesus H Christ for $40k it would have to be hand built and delivered by Hitler himself, I think your numbers are a little out though as I have seen authenticated ones for sale in the US between 19k and 25k and if you are capable of buying overseas you can get them cheaper than that (I paid around 15k Euros for mine with spare magazines, scope and that included the cost of having it independently authenticated and all the import licenses).

Jesus H Christ for $40k it would have to be hand built and delivered by Hitler himself, I think your numbers are a little out though as I have seen authenticated ones for sale in the US between 19k and 25k and if you are capable of buying overseas you can get them cheaper than that (I paid around 15k Euros for mine with spare magazines, scope and that included the cost of having it independently authenticated and all the import licenses).

In the USA, legal machine guns for civilian sales cannot be imported since the 1968 Gun Control Act. So what's here is here and that's it.... As for the price on the StG-44 in the US market. $19k-$25k isn't anymore.... the prices are always going one way and it sure as hell isn't down.

Our machine gun market is F'd up. No foreign made machine guns were allowed to be imported since 1968 and since the machine gun ban from 1986, no machine gun made after May of '86 can be sold to civilians. Under BATFE, once a machine gun always a machine gun. So if there is a semi-auto modded StG-44, BATFE won't allow into he country since under their logic, it was once a machine gun thus it will always be a machine gun and is not legal.

StG-44s for a while weren't high sellers because ammo was impossible to find. But new stuff is coming out of Eastern Europe and even Hornady (a big American company) is making ammo for it. In the end, it's becoming popular because of that and the popularity of WWII firearms in general.

buying

Iam lokkong for below 18k thats what two are going for on gun broker ,they have been for sale for a while with no takers.i have a mp40 and uzi already and a couple supressors.Would like a uncut, unwelded

Iam lokkong for below 18k thats what two are going for on gun broker ,they have been for sale for a while with no takers.i have a mp40 and uzi already and a couple supressors.Would like a uncut, unwelded

If you see two on Gun Broker and you already own NFA items then you know the game already.

Good luck..... I wish I had the cash.

I think you will struggle to get one below 18K in the US everyone I spoke to was 19k plus but the ones I looked at around 19k were in excellent condition.

In I got a much better deal through Europe although it was not a lot cheaper I did get a ton of spares and extras for around the same price.

My only suggestion is that for those prices you really need to get anything you buy authenticated as there are a huge number of very good fakes around mainly re-stamped Yugoslav models which were made up until the early 1980s.

I bought the one on gb for $17000

Genuine or restamped?

Either way they are a fun weapon to own, I am looking at having the second one that came as spare parts (it was in very poor condition) professionally restored and I will probably donate that to the Army museum.

mp44 gb

mis matched but hey,started buying components for reloading .8 pounds of powder, 2000 bullets 1000 primed cases Horandy die set for 7.92X33 ,was able to get the gun for $1000 less than listed on gb ,had been watching it for almost 6 months,I am trying to get it under a Trust from atf

Was it the one listed in Arizona?

I had looked at one there for $18 or 19k and it looked in very good condition but then I found one in Europe that I could have authenticated.

I have an stg44 up for sale in good condition---this was passed down to us through
a collector who passed away some years ago----best offer i am in california

Last edited:
MP44 MAGS

I found marstar to have mags for sale for $ 275 each.I heard back form atf yesterday ABOUT MY FORM 6. the lady said you had to be a ffl hloder to import parts . I told her she was wrong .i had applied 9 years ago to import a plastic forearm for a mp40 but was turned down, for the plastic part they said it was a receiver, everything else except the real receiver and barrel was cool . so a little later yesterday i get this phone call . I hate to tell you this but you are right and iam wrong .So it looks like i can buy mags from marstar

mp44

Well the gun came to the local transfer dealer the same day the paper work came to the dealer.Met him at his part time job and made the transfer, guess what? he is a policeman for Atlanta great guy to deal with .:eek:

Back