Another World War?

German industry still looms large despite serious setbacks brought by the incorporation of the eastern German corpse
Would Germany have been better off staying as "Western Germany?"

In my opinion, uninformed as it is, the region entailing the greatest threat to world peace is Southeast Asia, expanding Chinese militarization could be a problem for peace in the region

There is also a possibility of Russia in the next century re-incorporating the former USSR provinces, such as Kazakhstan, Eastern bloc states, etc....

Can anyone tell me about Mongolia, it is never mentioned, but it is right between the peoples republic and russia, somthing must be happening there.....

SNowblind said:
There is also a possibility of Russia in the next century re-incorporating the former USSR provinces, such as Kazakhstan, Eastern bloc states, etc....

I partly agree with you on this one however as long as the former eastern block states are incorporated into the EEC/EU and NATO the Russians will hold back and think twice.

We are facing an interesting scenario if the Russians run out of natural resources - the Northern parts of Norway and Sweden (iron ore and other minerals, oil, fish, wood from Finland, etc) may be of interest just not because of the natural resources but the strategic coast lines to the Atlantic Ocean. The old Cold War scenario yet again on the Northern Front.

5.56X45mm said:
Because currently the USA is the main military force that does sh*t.

I don't see any other nation supply NATO, doing UN operations, rebuilding Iraq and Afghanistan, and fighting the war on terror.

When other folks start doing that, let me know.

(Allied Nations in Iraq and Afghanistan are pulling their weight.)

If the UN operations that you speak of are stuff like the Korean War/Gulf War etc, they were not particularly magnanimous acts on the part of the US- there were always strategic interests involved. The Invasion of Iraq was in violation of the UN Charter, and i'm not sure if the Afghanistan invasion was a UN sanctioned invasion...could somebody please fill me in on that? How much of the actual re-building in Afghanistan is being conducted by the US military, is also something i do not know....

The 'War on Terror' is an american invention. It also does not target terrorism as a whole, only those pertaining to american interests... The involvement of Allied nations in these coalitions politicaly only serves to justify the attacks. How many people from these nations actually supported the war?

fingolfin361 said:
How much of the actual re-building in Afghanistan is being conducted by the US military, is also something i do not know....

(...)

and i'm not sure if the Afghanistan invasion was a UN sanctioned invasion...could somebody please fill me in on that?

You have the ISAF fact sheet here where you can read about some of the CIMIC activities going on in Afghanistan. ISAF operates in Afghanistan under UN Mandate. As you can see these activities takes time to perform and complete. To give you a brief example we spent two months to get the green light for building a basket ball court for the kids in our AOR - the local authoroties did not appriciate it but it turned out alright for all parts involved in the end.

ISAF coordinates Civil Military Cooperation (CIMIC) projects throughout its area of operations. The CIMIC objectives are to assist the Commander of ISAF in his effort to support the Government of Afghanistan in maintaining and expanding security throughout the country, to support stabilisation, reconstruction and nation-building activities, and to co-operate with the International Organisations and Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs). The CIMIC teams work in close co-operation with the local population and authorities and assess the situation concerning education, health, water, sanitation and internally displaced persons and returnees. They also initiate and monitor projects funded by either national or international donors.

Last edited:
Russia wont run out of natural resorces any time soon, whatever you can name, russia has it.

poor guys just gotta learn how to properly use what they have, and fix the massive mafia/corruption problems they have.

sunb! said:
To give you a brief example we spent two months to get the green light for building a basket ball court for the kids in our AOR - the local authoroties did not appriciate it but it turned out alright for all parts involved in the end.

Yea, sport is always a healer/escape, i dunno why they'd have objections...

Here is the specific question: WILL GERMANY IN THE "NEAR" FUTURE ATTEMPT TO DOMINATE EUROPE MILITARILY or POLITICALLY? (remember: A German-Polish conflict officially started WWII, according to London, Paris, and modern orthodox opinion)
No.
At first, level of liberalism and humanism in Europe (and in Germany) is too high to initiate any European people to leave their routine and comfortable lifestyle and fight in a devastating war for...? Yes, what for? At second, economy and politics of Europe are tied too tight by globalization.
Ollie Garchy said:
Here is the general question: Will or could Europe ever experience another all-embracing regional conflict like WWI or WWII? How about in response to outside political developments? Who might be the culprit(s)? Who has the necessary power? Why would they?
Most probable military conflict within Europe can be only citizen-war like fight between Europeans and Muslim immigrants. The scale of conflict could be increased, if Muslim countries consolidate in NATO-like structure and decide to support their brothers of faith... military. So, the scenario could be called `Green Storm Rising` since green is the color or Islam...

"Despite the many positive signs of a lasting rapprochement between Germany and Poland, however, in 1992 Poles remained suspicious of their powerful western neighbor. European economic instability during the late summer brought into question the feasibility of the EC goal of monetary and political union and rekindled fears of German economic domination. Widespread vandalism and violence by xenophobic extremists in Germany also contributed to Polish unease."

Here is the specific question: WILL GERMANY IN THE "NEAR" FUTURE ATTEMPT TO DOMINATE EUROPE MILITARILY or POLITICALLY? (remember: A German-Polish conflict officially started WWII, according to London, Paris, and modern orthodox opinion)

Here is the general question: Will or could Europe ever experience another all-embracing regional conflict like WWI or WWII? How about in response to outside political developments? Who might be the culprit(s)? Who has the necessary power? Why would they?

[I put this question in this forum because modern military capabilities (strategic and operational) as well as political issues play a role. Anyway, war is the continuation of politics].

http://www.country-data.com/cgi-bin/query/r-10771.html

If it happens again, I can guarantee you that that Poland will be ready.

Back