Another 66th Engr Co (Topo)(Corps) veteran -

Topic about: Finally made it onto this site after some trouble with registration! Thanks to the person who helped me. I became interested in this site when I saw a couple other vets r

International Military Forums > >
User Name
Password

June 6th, 2010  
Toposurveyor

Another 66th Engr Co (Topo)(Corps) veteran info

Finally made it onto this site after some trouble with registration! Thanks to the person who helped me.

I became interested in this site when I saw a couple other vets refer to the 66th Engr Co. I was a surveyor for that outfit and was in Viet Nam when they made the move from Ft. Bragg.

I have done much searching and posting at other sites trying to find others who served with me. It has been a hard go with little success.

I joined the unit in July 1965 after survey training at Ft. Belvoir. Then went overseas in 1966 and extended my tour to qualify for an early out in October 1967.

I would be glad to offer the info I researched for others if they wish.

Ed

--
June 6th, 2010  
Sevens

Welcome aboard!

June 6th, 2010  
AFSteliga

Welcome...

June 7th, 2010  
Team Infidel

welcome....

June 7th, 2010  
Cne C

Welcome Ed....

July 29th, 2010  
muscogeemike

66th TOPO info

I was with the 66th (in Viet Nam) when the unit deactivated in 1972. They didn't move to Ft. Bragg, the TOPO unit there was the 63rd Engr Co (TOPO) which I worked with later prior to Granada. I served in other TOPO units, 656th, 649th and 524th. I was in the Repro Plt in the 66th.

July 13th, 2015  
WalleyeJB

I was with 656th in 67 before stealing the Colonels jeep and wrecking it. Of course I was off to Vietnam two weeks later even though I "was" ineligible for combat duty because of my eyes. Injured in a firefight in Ben Cat 09/19/1968 and Disability Retired June 1969. I have found only one that I served with. Any help appreciated.