Another 66th Engr Co (Topo)(Corps) veteran

Toposurveyor

Finally made it onto this site after some trouble with registration! Thanks to the person who helped me.

I became interested in this site when I saw a couple other vets refer to the 66th Engr Co. I was a surveyor for that outfit and was in Viet Nam when they made the move from Ft. Bragg.

I have done much searching and posting at other sites trying to find others who served with me. It has been a hard go with little success.

I joined the unit in July 1965 after survey training at Ft. Belvoir. Then went overseas in 1966 and extended my tour to qualify for an early out in October 1967.

I would be glad to offer the info I researched for others if they wish.

Ed

66th TOPO

I was with the 66th (in Viet Nam) when the unit deactivated in 1972. They didn't move to Ft. Bragg, the TOPO unit there was the 63rd Engr Co (TOPO) which I worked with later prior to Granada. I served in other TOPO units, 656th, 649th and 524th. I was in the Repro Plt in the 66th.

I was with 656th in 67 before stealing the Colonels jeep and wrecking it. Of course I was off to Vietnam two weeks later even though I "was" ineligible for combat duty because of my eyes. Injured in a firefight in Ben Cat 09/19/1968 and Disability Retired June 1969. I have found only one that I served with. Any help appreciated.

Back