"All Of Us Or None" -

Read more about What a great group: http://www.allofusornone.org/ This collection of felons believes that any discrimination against a convicted felon should be illegal. Employers should

Military Medals Store

International Military Forums > >

User Name
Password

June 10th, 2006   #1
moving0target

"All Of Us Or None" info

What a great group:

http://www.allofusornone.org/

This collection of felons believes that any discrimination against a convicted felon should be illegal. Employers shouldn't be able to deny jobs to felons, landlords shouldn't be allowed to deny housing, etc. Essentially, anything employers, landlords and other do to protect themselves and their customers should be illegal. Let the thieves run the cash registers, let the pedophiles run the daycare, let the car jackers run the dealerships and we'll all live happily ever after, right?

-
June 12th, 2006   #2
SNowblind

silly liberals

June 14th, 2006   #3
Ted

This is a difficult one! One the one hand you have the recidivists who will commit crimes time after time. These are people you don't want to have in your shop. On the other hand you have people who did something wrong, were tried and served their penalty. The verdict wasn't 4 years in jail AND a life long social punishment! For these people I can understand where they are coming from.
Quote:
we were met at the gate with prejudice and discrimination that made our re-entry into society difficult and in some cases impossible
If you have no other means of a honest job and get spat on by all others... That is a very important ingredient of making recidivists. Somehow many Americans talk about their responcibility and consequences of their actions. But when this is done, and people faced the consequences, you continu to punish them. Why is this so hard to see?

June 15th, 2006   #4
moving0target

Employers and landlords should be allowed to make their decisions on a case by case basis. I had an employee who was a felon. He'd been busted selling marijuana, but that was the extent of the charges; no violence, no other substances, nothing. He was a great employee, and I was sorry to see him go when he moved on up in the world. What I resent most is the attitude that we, as law-abiding citizens, did something to get these poor, misunderstood folk thrown into jail, and, now that they're out, we owe them something. Bull. Prison is usually a consequence of a conviction. Nothing says it is the only consequence. Before you commit the crime, consider all the consequences.

June 19th, 2006   #5
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving0target
Employers and landlords should be allowed to make their decisions on a case by case basis. I had an employee who was a felon. He'd been busted selling marijuana, but that was the extent of the charges; no violence, no other substances, nothing. He was a great employee, and I was sorry to see him go when he moved on up in the world. What I resent most is the attitude that we, as law-abiding citizens, did something to get these poor, misunderstood folk thrown into jail, and, now that they're out, we owe them something. Bull. Prison is usually a consequence of a conviction. Nothing says it is the only consequence. Before you commit the crime, consider all the consequences.
I agree with you on this. Nobody owes these people anything.

"It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle." - Norman Schwarskopf, Commander of Desert Storm Operations

June 22nd, 2006   #6
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
What a great group:

This collection of felons believes that any discrimination against a convicted felon should be illegal. Employers shouldn't be able to deny jobs to felons, landlords shouldn't be allowed to deny housing, etc. Essentially, anything employers, landlords and other do to protect themselves and their customers should be illegal. Let the thieves run the cash registers, let the pedophiles run the daycare, let the car jackers run the dealerships and we'll all live happily ever after, right?
Well the problem is if you're accused of a crime you didn't commit, you'll remain a felon FOREVER!

June 22nd, 2006   #7
deerslayer

Yes, but there's a tiny, tiny percentage of that down in the states. The good suffer for the bad sometimes, but it also means I don't have to worry about the riffraff rotating my tires or cooking my food.

Screwing over bureaucratic organizations, one paper tiger at a time.

Trespassers will be shot and fed to the dogs.

June 22nd, 2006   #8
5.56X45mm

Hmmm..... criminals getting a break. No thanks.

If you do the crime, you gotta do the time. That includes time after prison.

I don't trust felons, PERIOD! Never have, never will.

June 23rd, 2006   #9
Marinerhodes

Quote:
What a great group:

I agree totally.

I don't think I could add anything that wouldn't be redundant.

Quote:
I am like Radio Shack. You have questions? I have answers!

June 26th, 2006   #10
Rob Henderson

Yep...Exhausted already...I agree, the felons didn't want life long social outcast stance? Then the felon shouldnt have committed the crime. If the felon didn't committ the crime...then how could he have been even remotely connected to people who did...Its a case of choosing who you are seen with.

Tags
deny, employers, illegal, landlords, run