Albanian SF killed up to 20 Talibans in combat mission

index.php

Can someone explain why there is windows on the Humvee's turret?

Wouldnt it be better to put metal there?

And nice pictures...

Such a small country doing big things in Afghanistan, for freedom, for alliance. Thanks for the photos btw.

Are these rifles adapted for the war in Afghanistan?

They seem short and adapted for urban warfare... The barrels seem too short for long range engagement in open deserts.

Nice pics tho.

Are these rifles adapted for the war in Afghanistan?

They seem short and adapted for urban warfare... The barrels seem too short for long range engagement in open deserts.

Nice pics tho.

These rifles are adapted by the Special Forces only for now to be tested in combat our forces are the first one to test them out in real combat this is done and resquested for/by the MOD so basically all depends on their results if they come out positive another 35,000-40,000 of them will be purchased (pretty stupid if you ask me to send in the special forces with a weapon not tested out before in combat but if anyone can pull it off its this unit and so far the results are positive ;) )

Some info about the weapon taken from (wiki)

The ARX-160 is an assault rifle manufactured by Pietro Beretta S.p.A.. Developed for the Italian armed forces as part of the Soldato Futuro (Future Soldier in English) program, the ARX-160 has been launched in the year 2008 as a commercial weapon system independent from the Soldato Futuro ensemble, complete with a companion single-shot 40mm NATO low-velocity grenade launcher, called GLX-160, which can be underslung to the rifle or used with an ad-hoc stock system as a stand-alone weapon.
The ARX-160 departs from the previously issued Beretta 70/90 weapon system under several points of view. The weapon is composed of two receivers, both manufactured mostly in polymer, and operates through a short-stroke piston system. Feeding is through STANAG magazines.

Last edited:
It's cool to see them share meals with their Afghan allies. It's a good thing.

Berisha: Shqipëria do të rrisë praninë në misionet e NATO

Kryeministri Sali Berisha, gjatë një mbledhje të ministrave të Mbrojtjes së vendeve të Evropës Juglindore, ka theksuar se Shqipëria ka ndërmarrë reforma të thella në forcat e saj të armatosura. Gjatë fjalës së tij, Berisha u shpreh se vendi ynë do të rrisë praninë e saj në misionet e NATO-s.

“Shqipëria është e vendosur të luajë rolin e saj në të gjitha iniciativat e Ministerialit. Shqipëria ka ndërmarrë reforma të thella në forcat e armatosura, të cilat kanë bërë të mundur që vendi ynë të përfaqësohet me dinjitet në misione ndërkombëtare si në Cad, Afganistan e Irak. Shqipëria do të rrisë rolin e vetë në të gjitha misionet e Aleancës”, ka theksuar Berisha, për të shtuar se qeveria e drejtuar prej tij është e angazhuar në rrugën drejt integrimit.

Më tej, ai foli për reformat që janë ndërmarrë për integrimin e vendit. “Jemi të angazhuar për një sërë reformash për të arritur standardet e vendeve të Bashkimit Evropian. Dhe këto reforma mundësuan anëtarësimin në NATO. Shqipëria ka bërë një luftë të madhe kundër krimit të organizuar”, tha më tej kryeministri.

Gazeta Start: Berisha: Shqipëria do të rrisë praninë në misionet e NATO

Albania will increase its participation in NATO-Operations, said Primeminister Sali Berisha at the meeting of the southeast european defence ministers in Tirana, Albania!:firedevi:

Can someone explain why there is windows on the Humvee's turret?

Wouldnt it be better to put metal there?

And nice pictures...

Just a thought from a civvy but i think it's for visibility, i'd like seeing what happens around me without having to move the weapon, and it's probly bullet proof.

Back