Airborne School -

Read more about Originally Posted by justin1552 Eh, If I push myself to the limits, maybe i'll be able to shatter those restraints. Airborne school will be tiring if you are in a softer

Military Medals Store

International Military Forums > >

User Name
Password

May 28th, 2008   #1
justin1552

Airborne School info

Ok, my plan B if I don't make it into armor is to try to be Airborne. I'm looking for info on the requirements to get into Army Airborne School. Also, I would like to know if prior experience in parachuting/skydiving would help. If so, can I get some information on that as well? I looked on the internet and couldn't find any info that I need. And Sorry in advance if this violates OPSEC or PERSEC.

Larynx, Spine Lungs, Liver, Jugular, Subclavian Artery, Kidney, Heart. Now which will be my strike point?

-
AVG Advent calendar: daily offers
May 28th, 2008   #2
LeEnfield

If the American one is similar to the British one they are looking for a special type of young man that they will test to the limit to see just what he is made off. Parachuting skills are not a must as you will have to learn to jump with heavy loads from very low, to not quite so low, later on as you progress then there could be a requirement for free fall work

LeEnfield Rides again

May 28th, 2008   #3
FutureMedic

I'm not sure of the requirements, but if you want Airborne, be sure to get it in your contract.

"You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you."

May 29th, 2008   #4
Spartacus

If you want to go to Airborne school, make sure you get it in your contract. But there is no MOS or job for Airborne. Its a modifier, which means its something that adds to the job you normally would do. Like cook, mechanic, or infantry.

Demand it in your contract, dont gamble on performing well and obtaining it in basic, because they may not have enough slots to get to you on the food chain.

You dont need prior experience. Even if you have it, you will have to learn from the beginning at the Army's pace. Besides military parachuting and civilian parachuting are very different.

Its fun and there is something about jumping out of a bird with a giant grin on your face while you know the guy behind you is scared out of his mind.

Im jumping on friday, so hopefully I can post you a video.

Qui tacet consentire.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
Nec Aspera Terrent.
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.

May 29th, 2008   #5
justin1552

Ok, I'll be sure to add it. Thanks for the information, guys.

May 30th, 2008   #6
Spartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin1552
Ok, I'll be sure to add it. Thanks for the information, guys.
Bad news. Jump got scrapped. Im sure I will have another one soon..

May 30th, 2008   #7
A Can of Man

The weather never cooperates.

May 31st, 2008   #8
Spartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
The weather never cooperates.
Yeah... we actually got slotted to do EIB land nav instead. Badge hunters...

May 31st, 2008   #9
A Can of Man

Justin, I thought you didn't want to do anything physically exhausting.

May 31st, 2008   #10
justin1552

Eh, If I push myself to the limits, maybe i'll be able to shatter those restraints.

Tags
airborne, info, internet, looked, school