Airborne School

justin1552

Hurr Durr
Ok, my plan B if I don't make it into armor is to try to be Airborne. I'm looking for info on the requirements to get into Army Airborne School. Also, I would like to know if prior experience in parachuting/skydiving would help. If so, can I get some information on that as well? I looked on the internet and couldn't find any info that I need. And Sorry in advance if this violates OPSEC or PERSEC.

If the American one is similar to the British one they are looking for a special type of young man that they will test to the limit to see just what he is made off. Parachuting skills are not a must as you will have to learn to jump with heavy loads from very low, to not quite so low, later on as you progress then there could be a requirement for free fall work

If you want to go to Airborne school, make sure you get it in your contract. But there is no MOS or job for Airborne. Its a modifier, which means its something that adds to the job you normally would do. Like cook, mechanic, or infantry.

Demand it in your contract, dont gamble on performing well and obtaining it in basic, because they may not have enough slots to get to you on the food chain.

You dont need prior experience. Even if you have it, you will have to learn from the beginning at the Army's pace. Besides military parachuting and civilian parachuting are very different.

Its fun and there is something about jumping out of a bird with a giant grin on your face while you know the guy behind you is scared out of his mind.

Im jumping on friday, so hopefully I can post you a video. :)

Eh, If I push myself to the limits, maybe i'll be able to shatter those restraints.

Airborne school will be tiring if you are in a softer MOS with less focus on PT. If you are in a combat arms MOS, odds are you will find the school to be a joke.

You can push your limits anywhere if you are motivated enough. Its just whether or not you have a job that requires that motivation and physical ability. Decide what you want, easy or hard. If you want easy, stay out of combat arms, medics, etc. Go with MI, supply, etc.

Eh, If I push myself to the limits, maybe i'll be able to shatter those restraints.

:sarc: Sure..

You haven´t yet managed to find time to administer a PT test on yourself?
Those results were due a month ago kid.

Talk is cheap...

//KJ.

Yeah... we actually got slotted to do EIB land nav instead. Badge hunters...

Don´t worry about it mate, you´ll find time to become a five jump chump soon enough..

Stay focused on the 25 meter target..

//KJ.

When you don't work out. When you don't strive to get better mile times. When you don't put in a disciplined, consistent effort. That's when you don't set your limits high. Your limit is not some kind of state of belief you have in an air conditioned room with the music going. Your limit is when there's not a damned thing left to get you going at the pace you need to be going.

REMOVED

MOD EDIT: If you are not going to show respect in a post, then don't post at all. Use tact if you want to offer constructive criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to go to Airborne school, make sure you get it in your contract. But there is no MOS or job for Airborne. Its a modifier, which means its something that adds to the job you normally would do. Like cook, mechanic, or infantry.

Actually there is such a job. Parachute rigger. Airborne is a requirement.

Back