Ahh, Pain: 30 km Road march today.. :)

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
We had the last (and probably the worst) of our annual physical tests today, a 30km long road march, with 11kg on our backs, and you have to use less than 4 hours and 35 mins to pass it (I did that :) )..

It was one of the worst 30km marches I've ever done (10 so far), no drinking water for 15+ km, and several kilometres of the march was of muddy tank training roads, so it was quite fun.. :D

I'm in a bit of pain now, but the only comfort I have is that It'll be worse tomorrow.. :lol:

And I'm also the lucky winner of guard duty in my camp until tomorrow, as a Daily/Duty officer, so this will really be a fun night.. :)

Re: Ahh, Pain: 30 km Road march today.. :(

Redleg said:
We had the last of our annual physical test today (and probably the worst), a 30km long road march, with 11kg on our backs, and you have to use less than 4 hours and 35 mins to pass it (I did that :) )..

It was one of the worst 30km marches I've ever done (10 so far), no drinking water for 15+ km, and several kilometres of the march was of muddy tank training roads, so it was quite fun.. :D

I'm in a bit of pain now, but the only comfort I have is that It'll be worse tomorrow.. :lol:

And I'm also the lucky winner of guard duty in my camp until tomorrow, as a Daily/Duty officer, so this will really be a fun night.. :)

How many kms/mi? Kgs/lb?

Sounds brutal man...

A cannon cocker that humps? Man I have seen that species before. Must be endangered :lol:

03USMC said:
A cannon cocker that humps? Man I have seen that species before. Must be endangered :lol:

Yeah, we are a rare, almost extinct species... :lol:

And the funny thing is that I actually volunteered to do this.
I haven't been humping around too much this year, so I can feel it in my legs now, but it should be ok in a week or two... :D

It's the 10th year I do this now, and I was able to finnish in just 3 hours some years ago (but not now... :lol: )
I've also walked 3 of those Nijmegen marches as well (45km pr day, 4 days in a row...), so I was quite used to walking (aimlessly) around a few years ago. :lol:

There were a few soldiers that didn't reach the time limit FlyingFrog, but it isn't really that hard to pass the test, as long as you've got some training in advance.

I remember humping 30k marches along the West/East German trace quite a few times and I didn't like any of them, not a bit. I have a lot of fond memories about my time in service and those are not among them... :)

Another stupid norwegian test.... :?
The worst one we had was a 22km orienteering, to pass we had to finish under 4 hours.... I came in 4h 10min :cry:
Never doing it again :lol:

Feeling better today, but still a bit sore here and there...

It's great to feel that you're alive.. :lol:

Hope you have fun on guard duty.

I just have a comment on these tests. Last time I did something like that i May of this year I hurt myself so bad so I had to have surgery in my knee. It was a surprise PT test and if you normaly are a civilian you really get surprised.

Yea thats right as long as you pass... Whats a week on crouches when you back in civilian clothes again.

I made those road marches plenty of times with full field back and weapon. The ones that really killed me were the 100 mile road marches doing 25 miles a day

SFC

Crap man, 18.5 miles? The best i've ever done was 10 miles with 70lbs, and i wanted to kill myself and the dink that dragged me into it.

I am in trouble now. Today I went to my unit. Right now they are in the field. One of the NCO's in the rear said that the company when on a 25 mile road march (40KM) and 30 people fell out. The 1 SG is quite pissed and will most likely "road march the crap out of us."

:shock:

That must have been a pretty rough march. The only thing that I do close to that is an 80 km march with full rucksack. However, we have all day to do it.

Doody said:
I am in trouble now. Today I went to my unit. Right now they are in the field. One of the NCO's in the rear said that the company when on a 25 mile road march (40KM) and 30 people fell out. The 1 SG is quite pissed and will most likely "road march the crap out of us."

:shock:

Good luck.. :lol:

Back