Agent Orange

armlesscadet

duke of milforum slayer
Ok I have to do this project for english and I decided to do a report on Agent Orange so if anybody wants to share any information over it to help me out on my english report I will be greatly appreciated.

armlesscadet said:
Ok I have to do this project for english and I decided to do a report on Agent Orange so if anybody wants to share any information over it to help me out on my english report I will be greatly appreciated.

When in doubt, go to the Veteran's Administration.

http://www1.va.gov/agentorange/page.cfm?pg=2

[FONT='Times New (W1)']Agent Orange was a herbicide, or defoliant, which was used in Vietnam to kill unwanted plant life and to remove leaves from trees which otherwise provided cover for the enemy. Agent Orange was a mixture of chemicals containing equal amounts of the two active ingredients, 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T. The name, "Agent Orange," came from the orange stripe on the 55-gallon drums in which it was stored.[/FONT]
[FONT='Times New (W1)'][/FONT]
[FONT='Times New (W1)']There's a lot of good, understandable info on all the agents used in different wars on the website.[/FONT]

If you want to do your report from the political angle, there are many sites which can be found on the internet. To get a balanced view of this issue make sure that you visit as many "veteran" sites as government sites. Many of the problems surrounding agent orange have NOT been addressed by the government even after all these years. Many of my fellow warriors who were exposed to this poison are still suffering effects which the governments in their "wisdom" deny.

Have fun in your research - it was a different time - but - some of the same old BS is still being tossed around in Washington DC as a result of exposure to some kind of agent during recent operations.

Ya my grandfather served in 'Nam and he died about 2 years ago and Agent Orange was one of the reasons he died. That is sorta one of the reasons I want to do this project that way all of the other vets from 'Nam can get the truth out to the public which all of it hasnt like almost everything in this world. So I want the public to know about it and I guess this is just a start of educating the rest of the world about it.

yeah agent orange is no good. my Dad got hodgkins disease from it which turned into cancer twice. he beat it the first time but not the second.

TT22
The site you listed would have you believe that ANY Vietnam veteran GI who applies for medical benefits will have a presumed exposure to Agent Orange and everything will turn out OK ... I hate to turn over your apple cart on this one ... but ... tain't so. One of the battles that is still being waged between veterans and the establishment is trying to get medical coverage for illnesses that can be laid at the alter of the defoliant, Agent Orange. The medical community (in the guise of Uncle Sam) still drags their feet and try NOT to pay out benefits to veterans who suffer from the thousand and one ailments caused by Agent Orange. I wish it weren't so ... but ...

It is a little better now ... ... there is still a long way to go.

Chief Bones said:
TT22
The site you listed would have you believe that ANY Vietnam veteran GI who applies for medical benefits will have a presumed exposure to Agent Orange and everything will turn out OK ... I hate to turn over your apple cart on this one ... but ... tain't so. One of the battles that is still being waged between veterans and the establishment is trying to get medical coverage for illnesses that can be laid at the alter of the defoliant, Agent Orange. The medical community (in the guise of Uncle Sam) still drags their feet and try NOT to pay out benefits to veterans who suffer from the thousand and one ailments caused by Agent Orange. I wish it weren't so ... but ...

It is a little better now ... ... there is still a long way to go.

I agree. You misunderstand the purpose of my post. Please see my PM.

tomtom22 said:
I agree. You misunderstand the purpose of my post. Please see my PM.
I definitely understood your purpose ... I hope you understood what I was saying. Many of my friends still have to fight the VA and a thousand and one alphabet soup agencies trying to get the coverage for illnesses that they believe were caused by their exposure to Agent Orange ... some have succeeded but some are STILL fighting the fight while time works against them.

Our memories are still as fresh as the day we lived in a nightmare world while at the same time, there are so many people living today that have no idea what we were exposed to so many years ago.

I realise that it is a little easier today to submit the necessary paperwork and have the necessary investigations into your records carried out ... but ... the fact remains that Uncle Sam still has a long way to go responding to warriors who (through no fault of their own) are still suffering the aftereffects of a war so many people were dead set against.

Have you missed the point of this thread?

zander_0633 said:
Oh, so you mean the Agent Orange has affected the US troops too?
YES!
:type: Have you missed the point of this thread?
You must have with the above statement.

NOTE:
Almost immediately after return from Vietnam, GIs who had been exposed to Agent Orange began to suffer unexplained illnesses. The VA and the thousand and one alphabet agencies began to deny any claim to a 'battle field' induced medical problem.

It has gotten a little better ... but .. veterans of Vietnam to this day still have an uphill fight to get their benefits for medical problems caused by Agent Orange

:type: Do me a favor Zander, use the internet search engine and look up "Agent Orange".
I am absolutely positive that it will open your eyes.

Back