Agent Orange

Well, I am not very sure, cause all the history books states that Vietnamese got all the things, never mention a word about the Americans!

Zander
Are you trying to be intentionally dense (or) what?

Look up Agent Orange on the internet as I suggested and see what the various sites have to say about Agent Orange.

A lot of the history books were written by historical liberal revisionists. Just ask almost any Vietnam vet what's going on and you will get the truth instead of trash put out by those who have a personal ax to grind.

I really don't want to assume you're trying to get a flame war going ... I also don't want to assume you're stupid ... instead I prefer to think you 'MAY' be uninformed ... take some time to get the real facts the next time you make a comment about something you know nothing about ...

PLEASE!

Last edited:
Zander,

As a member personally affected by Agent Orange, I strongly suggest you do what Chief Bones said.

My Dad and Stepdad both served in Vietnam. Many of the ailments they both suffer from are common side effects from various insecticides and defoliants found in the commercial markets today.

I am 100% certain that neither of them exposed themselves to these chemicals to produce these effects purposely. I do believe that these ailments are caused by exposure to Agent Orange.

There are too many Vietnam vets as well as veterans of Desert Storm that suffer from "unknown illnesses" for it to be a coincidence.

ya...and U.S tested agent orange in Canada...a lot of the veterans who worked in that area and their family memebers suffered from all sorts of cancers....
the government is currently investigating into it....but a lot of people are very angry about this

Actually if you read Dear Mom: A Sniper Veitnam, J.D. Ward mentions Agent Orange and it's effects. He also mentions the fact that the manufacturer of Agent Orange knew of it's dangers as early as 1956 but neglected to tell the military until late in Veitnam.

zander_0633 said:
Oh! so they knew that there will be after effects but they did not tell ! Freak!
That was just one of the reasons why the hippies picked so many of the chemical companies who were manufacturing napalm and Agent orange. The rumors stirred protesters to heights that today's kids can only imagine . The Chicago 7 broke into one of Dow Chemical Companies computer labs and ransacked the building in an attempt to make their displeasure known.

That is why my generation still has very strong feelings for and against anything that pertains to Vietnam ... it wasn't a fun time.

ok, So your generation in general feel STRONGLY about the veitnam war and about the Agnet Orange thingy! BTW, have you fought in the Vietnam War?

Agent Orange is a good example of Good Thinking, taking away their plant life so they cant hide, this is pretty funny, i heard in 'Nam we put chemicals in the air-->clouds-->rained and bogged down charlie in his hole, thats just intelligent.

FULLMETALJACKET said:
Agent Orange is a good example of Good Thinking, taking away their plant life so they cant hide, this is pretty funny, i heard in 'Nam we put chemicals in the air-->clouds-->rained and bogged down charlie in his hole, thats just intelligent.
Nothing funny about it FMJ. I was quite grateful that even though I would patrol areas and have my nose bleeding along the way, the lack of triple canopy jungle for the enemy to hide in was probably a big reason why I'm still here today. It was real easy for the "never been there crowd" to condemn everything remotely concerned with the military, including the servicemen who fought and died there.
We didn't know about the problems that would come later but for the time being, it was a good tool to have on our side. I will always be grateful to any air crewman or anyone else I happen to meet that had anything to do with trying to cover my backside out there.
These days, I have some problems that could be related to A/O or could be related to something else from one of the subsequent conflicts I fought in, I may never know and as Chief said, I may never live to witness the government own up to any of it. That being said, I have met many a serviceman who lives with a guilt for having to use such things and I feel that guilt is totally unwarranted. I will always support them and the courageous jobs they all did, especially for us often beleaguered infantrymen in the middle of a far off land fighting on behalf of people we didn't know.

It's a crime that you guys have to fight with the Government every time a diagnosis includes possible symptoms of exposure to agent orange. Even though it was the lesser of a host of evils, they should have to face up to their responsibility to the damage it caused to our guys. I noticed after a stink was raised about the bad effects of all the defoliants used, 2,4-D which was about 50% of the Agent, became more controlled as to who could use it and under which circumstances.

Missileer said:
.......... I noticed after a stink was raised about the bad effects of all the defoliants used, 2,4-D which was about 50% of the Agent, became more controlled as to who could use it and under which circumstances.
I'm sorry to say it's called covering your (_|_). The government got real good about that as soon as illnesses began to show up and AO was the suspected common point of contact.

Communists must never separate themselves from the majority of the people or neglect them by leading only a few progressive contingents in an isolated and rash advance, but must take care to forge close links between the progressive elements and the broad masses. This is what thinking in terms of the majority means.

Back