Afghan Taliban Poses No Threat

The taliban in and of itself is a threat to no one but the Afghani people, who would have to live under their 1st Century jackassery.

They are a lightly armed force with zero logistics and zero heavy capability.

Their threat is their fundamentalist outlook...to include Jihad against all infidels and their willingness to harbor and protect terrorist groups.

That's the way I see it too. It's they people who fall in line with their fundamentalist policies that worry me, not the Taliban themselves.

The taliban in and of itself is a threat to no one but the Afghani people, who would have to live under their 1st Century jackassery.
I figure if the Afghani want to live in a 1st century society, let them. Their lives, we should let them live it and leave them alone.

I figure if the Afghani want to live in a 1st century society, let them. Their lives, we should let them live it and leave them alone.

I agree however the problem with extremists (which the Taliban are) is that they expect everyone else around them to want to live in the 1st century as well.

If the country could be walled off and all connections to the outside world cut then yes I agree let them live anyway they want I don't care how primitive a society they want to create but sadly the modern world doesn't allow this to happen.

I think it's an ironic funny, Monty.
We only see there, now, the very issues we live with regularly here.
Ok, so no one's running around with AK47 threatening people if they don't live to their standards. Yet.

Well, compare. US Federal government & it's antics vs. the Taliban and theirs.
Some difference yes. Not a whole lot, though.

Back