Re: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleStrike
Black Hawk Down
sweetie if no one told you, its a film hun..............lol

The fight was real......................the film was a lil stretched lol

That wasn't the fiest battle though, just a standard practise for that sorta country
thanks for that anya, i wanted to post, but you put it a lot better than i would have!!!!!

what about the british 1st Airborn Div @ Arnhem during operation market garder. while the casualties weren't high compared to some fights,
taken from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British...borne_Division

Quote:
High Command had estimated that the 1st Airborne could only hold the position north of the river for four days, at its highest readiness. However, with horribly depleted forces (including a battalion stranded in a hostile town), it held the position for nine days. With less than 1/4 of the division returning from Arnhem, it saw no more action for the rest of the war.
now thats impressive!!!

If I am asked what we are fighting for, I can reply in two sentences. In the first place, to fulfil a solemn international obligation . . . an obligation of honor which no self-respecting man could possibly have repudiated. I say, secondly, we are fighting to vindicate the principle that small nationalities are not to be crushed in defiance of international good faith at the arbitrary will of a strong and overmastering Power.
Author: Rt. Hon. Herbert Henry Asquith
Source: Statement, to House of Commons, Declaration of War with Germany, Aug. 4, 1914

(c)02-10 Military-Quotes.com - Post # 79494