1 .That's why I said China's population will be stablized round 2050, staying at 1.4 billion like that.
2. No fear for China's rise, that's good, since Chinese people are quite OK types, usually we don't threat any one.
3. Don't compare USSR with China, we are completely 2 different cultures. If you look at those Eastern Culture countries who have already reached the TOP level, like Japan, Korea, HongKong, Taiwan, Singapore, they all did it in just 30 to 40 years, richer than Most Western countries. Chinese ppl are extremly hard working ppl, you can't compare USSR with China at all, we will make it happen: China overtake USA, I am sure.
4. About oorruption: India is democratic, yet the coruption is high there too. China has also a problem, big problem with coruption, true, but things are changing fast. Last 2 weeks the HOTTEST web news is about the daughter of a vice-mayor in a Chinese southern city Shenzhen, she made a film, then web got her "property" published, she has around 1 million USD, how can a communist family got so much money? Bom, Big trouble now, CCP is going to make trouble with this guy, soon or later, you then see: China is getting more open and free, going in the good direction.
Btw, CCP hates corruption, they even gave the mayor of Beijing a free bullet after he corrupted with money.
5. USA does not invest that much money in China, it only occupies a about less than 10% of total FDI in China, most FDI comes from Oversea's Chinese. Trade with USA is big, but it takes only less than 30% of total Chinese export. But don't forget, China also imports BIG from USA, it is win-win case for both countries, or lose-lose in worst case. JFYI: China this year becomes the 3th largest Trading nation, with over 1000 billion USD, Foreign Trade, overtaking Japan, well behind USA and Germany.
6. Yes, we always keep at least one eye open for Russia, but we are now not afraid of them anymore, we are very confident, the fear if anther way around, but I don't think Russia and China will get into big trouble, we are trying to build good neighborhood at least.
Nice conversation? HaveI ever been a not-nice conversator?
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Truth be told, I think that both India and China are up and coming. They're at different levels right now, but both are on their way to becoming frighteningly powerful. China is ahead in most categories, but it would be incredibly foolish to ignore India.
The biggest question is -- how will the two great Asian powers interact with each other?
China and India will go along very well in future, we are both old civilizations, no problem at all for thousands years. But true, we need to keep those hawks in India observed, but that group is in small number, and I believe those hawks will become peace-lovers soon too