Reading post 615800 in main thread: The same old mistake all over again
January 6th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by samneanderthal
Hi Lolwhassup,
Le plus c'a change, le plus c'est la méme chose.

During the 1929 depression Americans desperate for work flocked to the USSR (far less desirable at that time than China today), Mexico, etc,
By the way, it surprises me that the American administration refuses to call the present situation a depression, since by definition a recession that lasts so many years is a depression.

Read scientific and medical journals and you´ll se how many top articles are being published by Chinese scientists, check out the patents they are issuing and tell me if they have no ingenuity. Check out the quality and price of their latest machining centers. Check out the number of Chinese scientists, doctors, teachers, etc, in the US, many of which are in America for the money.
Hell they invented a whole new system in which they coordinate purchases making prices much lower to manufacturesrs than in any other country. They also centralized tool and die production, so factories pay the lowest prices for these items and get financing or even financial aid to get them, etc,

Hi Alte,
How carefully and conservatively did they evaluate their Tibet and Viet Nam invasions? How surprised would you be if Taiwan were forced to join China this year or even if it were attacked by China this year?

Theoretically, the Republic of China (Taiwan) belongs to the People's Republic of China. As long as Taiwan does not declare themselves independent and if China use force toward Taiwan, the US will assist Taiwan (Taiwan Relation Act 1979) Further, if China use force against Taiwan it would like the Chinese shoot themselves in the foot. There are political forces in Taiwan that are pro-independence. Moreover, Taiwans armed forces can create havoc if the Chinese decide to cross the Formosa Strait. The major threat in theoretical assault could be a massive use of SS missiles to overwhelm the Taiwan defense. An invasion like Normandy is highly unlikely

Veterans Advantage, Inc.

(c)02-14 Military-Quotes.com - Post # 615800