Reading post 607214 in main thread: How Would You Solve the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?
September 12th, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayManKiller3
Since they had the right to defend themselves with lethal force, I guess they also had the right to be shot now didn't they?
No,... The "commandos" were committing an illegal act, and believe it or not, that is not a mitigating circumstance. Just the same as you have the right to use lethal force in defending your home if attacked by an armed intruder but he has no "right" to shoot you in defence because he is the aggressor.

I dunno what world you live in, but I know of no place (not even gun happy USA) where criminals have the "right" to kill people to facilitate a crime. That's why the death rows in most of your prisons are so well stocked and the population is growing.

In any case, I wouldn't quote the UN if I were you, as they also said that any invasion of Iraq would be illegal, yet the US went ahead. The simple fact is, that the UN does not make, or it seems even wish to understand or abide by International law. Remember it was the UN who originally made the decision to give Palestine to the Jewish people, this was also a decision without precedent or any just reason which has bought us to where we are today.

Even David ben Gurion admitted that Palestine was stolen from it's legitimate owners, and therefore the whole idea is built upon illegal premise.
Quote:
"Why should the Arabs make peace? If I was an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural: we have taken their country. Sure, God promised it to us, but what does that matter to them?" ---etc. Source: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/David_Ben-Gurion
They know it and so do we, so it is merely a matter of time,...

"I am totally responsible for what I write,... however I cannot be held responsible for your complete inability to understand"

Last edited by senojekips; September 12th, 2011 at 12:14..

(c)02-10 Military-Quotes.com - Post # 607214