Reading post 589561 in main thread: How to seek a discharge upgrade
December 1st, 2010  
Okay, so I'm a bit confused. Suppose one DOES get their RE-4 changed to an RE-3 for whatever reason. How easy is it to get a waiver? I received an ELS with an RE-4 and a JFU from the Navy. I am wondering about trying to get mine changed to RE-3J, which means "failed entry level drug test, not drug dependent." My argument for the BCNR is that my RE code should have been listed as RE-3J instead of RE-4 to begin with, according to MILPERSMAN 1910-134 section 9. But, if I did that, would it even make a difference? I have researched this online, and there is absolutely nothing out there. I have also spoken with a recruiter, who told me that it DOES NOT matter, and that I still would not get back in. But, according to the Navy, RE-3J is a waiverable code. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it!
Veterans Advantage, Inc.
(c)02-14 - Post # 589561