I got a new SSD (Solid-state drive) last week, as well as Windows 7 64-bit
My old HDD was starting to make some strange noises from time to time so it was really about time to get a new HDD...
After some research I ended up with a Corsair X128 (128Gb) SSD disk, and d*mn it's fast!!
240Mb/sec read and 170Mb/sec write speed, and read/write tests confirms these speeds as well..
It uses the Indilinx Barefoot controller so it will be possible to upgrade it later to include TRIM for Win 7 etc.
I also upgraded to Win 7 64-bit at the same time, so now I can boot the PC in 15-20 secs, and it takes only 4-5secs to turn it off! Features
- Maximum sequential read speed up to 240MB/s
- Maximum sequential write speed up to 170MB/s
- Indilinx Barefoot controller and Samsung MLC NAND flash for maximum performance
- 64MB DRAM cache for stutter-free performance
- No moving parts for increased durability over standard hard disk drives
- Decreased power usage for cool and quiet operation and increased laptop battery life
- 100+ Year Life Expectancy (MTBF)
- Two year warranty