Lets go over the President claim in 2000 when he said he would bring integrity (cough) back to the White House?
1. Have important underling #1 break the law, with the vice-president's and probably the presidents knowledge.
2. Have a peon underling #2 break the law by covering up for more valuable underling #1.
3. The President Vows to fire all underlings if they be involved in the case.
4. After its obvious underling #2 was involved in a cover up, Rephrase #3 to mean the he would fire them should they be "convicted". President thinks people are too stupid not to notice the change from involvement to conviction.
5. Then after underling #2 is totally convicted by a jury of peers in a fair trial, the president commutes underling #2 Jail Sentence, meaning he is not going to be punished at all because its obvious some hidden GOP bank fund will pay for Libby fine, its not like Libby is going to shell out his own dough, not that $250K is such a large sum for these guys anyway. So by commuting Libby Jail sentence he has effectively escaped any responsibility. Not that responsability was ever high on the White House importance list anyhow.
6. Two Lessons Learned. Certainly people are above the law and that crime pays, but only if you are a Republican and work for the White House.
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat situation excellent. I shall attack." -Foch
I am from NYC. I fly a French flag because I work in Paris.
Last edited by mmarsh; July 3rd, 2007 at 12:52..