Alright then. Close your books and put them under your desks. Here's a pop quiz about the Declaration of Independence. Try to answer without searching the web (be honest now). They're multiple choice so the correct answer is already in front of you
Uncle_Sam's MilBucks are on the line.
1. Which of these men was NOT among those appointed to draft the Declaration of Independence?
a. John Adams
b. George Washington
c. Benjamin Franklin
d. Roger Sherman
2. Copies of the declaration were signed by John Hancock, President of the Congress and this man, its Secretary.
a. Charles Carroll
b. John Adams
c. Dave Matthews
d. Charles Thompson
e. Richard Henry Lee
3. What is the first word of the Declaration of Independence?
4. Why was Thomas Jefferson chosen to write the actual draft?
a. He was from Virginia
b. He was respected by King George III
c. He was the best writer
d. He had the most time to devote to the task
e. He was the only one who owned pens
5. Which colony had the most signatories?
d. New York
6. Where is the Declaration kept today?
a. The Library of Congress
b. The Smithsonian
c. The original no longer exists, it was burned by the British during the War of 1812
d. National Archives
e. The White House
f. Air Force One
7. One member of Congress who did not sign the Declaration was John Dickinson. What was his reason?
a. He disagreed with the wording
b. He was hoping for reconciliation with Britain
c. Thomas Jefferson would not lend him a pen
d. He was ill
e. He feared the consequences
f. He feared there would be no more tea to drink