17 years old, want to join a PMC.

Hanuka

Leatly I've been noticing that my life isn't going to any(good) direction.
I have a plan, which doesn't include High School in it but my parents are too
irrational to think from a different angle to understand what's going on..

I'm 17 years old, last year in High School and was thinking of joining
the IDF(Israeli Defence Force) Special Forces for some time now.

..but the truth is.. I don't give a damn about this country(or any other
country in that matter).

As I'm not a native Israeli(I arrived to Israel at the age of 2 from Russia),
therfore I consider myself as an outsider no matter where I am.

Anyhow and ways; I'm sick and tired of this boring life, thus I want to join a Privite Military Company, and fast.

I was thinking of joining a PMC(as a SF soldier) which operates in South Africa. Why? -- For personal reasons which I won't elaborate..

There are also some (rather obvious) issiues which I'm facing:

Main roadblock for me is my age -- 17. From what I understand most
PMC's don't allow people under the age of 18 to join.. or am I wrong?

I also have this issiue of my parents and their disallowment for anything.. unconvetional...

And, offcourse; I don't know much about PMCs so I'd appreciate if anyone
could give me any suggestions for good PMCs which operate in South Africa((mostly) English speaking, cause I dunno.. South African?).

Many thanks in advance,
~Anthony.

p.s. Forgot to add: I really need suggestion for how can I get out of this
country(I guess I'd be called a desserter, eh? whatever). But I don't have
any money, so assuming that the PMC recruits overboard
AND allows people of 17 years of age to join their ranks; is there a chance
that they will pay for my "trip" and take it from my salary later on?

p.s.s. Just in case there's no PMC company which allows the said above in South Africa;
a PMC in the Arab lands(Iraq, Iran, whatever.) is fine too.

p.s.s.s. I noticed that people in the forums are sort of against PMCs and "future thinkers"
(I'm not trying to offend here anybody so please don't take offence).
Anyways; please don't try to sway my mind into joining the IDF or finishing HighSchool or anything.

I thought about it alot so I'd appreciate it if you leave "those things" unsaid, and focus on the "meat and potatoes". thx.

Again, many thanks in advnace for potential helpers,
Cheers! :pirate2:

Last edited:
your citizenship may be an issue.
I too am a foreigner no matter where I go but as far as PMC options go, it's a no go due to citizenship.

Why my citizenship's a problem?? :/

From what I know most of the PMC comanies DO recruit overboard..
So why you say it's a problem?..

PMCs want men with lots of experience and there are plenty of them available, also I wouldn't tell them too much about your apparent lack of patriotism, I feel that prospective employers might not necessaily see it as a good point.

Join the IDF and if you are good enough, get into the SF side of things. You just might like it enough to want to stay. If not, get 10 yers experience up in SF and you might have a chance of being picked up by a worthwhile PMC.

You are 17, and will be regarded as still wet behind the ears, any PMC that picked you up as you are, is only going to get you killed for no money.

That's just my opinion.

Last edited:
I saw enough PMCs which recruit 18year olds, plus I doubt that
they will send me out to combat b4 I get a decent ammount of training(that would be just stupid..)

I don't understand why you are ranting about? besides, I asked NOT to try
to sway my mind off it and tip me to join the IDF.. so please...

Firstly,... real PMCs are not in the business of training people, that's why they pick up people who are already highly trained. Even many regular ex service men find it hard to get picked up by reputable groups. My son did 6 years regular army and 3 years with the SAS and when he tried to go in through the back door as you are trying to do, he ended up in Mozambique lifting old russian mines for about $2.50 a shot, while his company were being paid $20. It was only his experience that got him into a good job when he met a mate from the regiment in a bar in Johannesburg, between jobs

Yep, I have no doubt that there are cowboys out there, but they don't pay. Nor do they have any back up, if you get in the poo,... you'll be on your own. You'll probably end up dead or in prison in some third world country. Also these groups don't go to the real wars but end up in places like the Congo, half the time they don't even know which side they are fighting for, using cast of weapons and equipment and sometimes they are just sacrificed for the hell of it.

Last edited:
IF you find a PMC willing to recruit a 17-18 years old without any military experience then you really don't want to "work" for them...

As senojekips said above, most of them don't train you much at all but do expect you do have quite an amount of experience
Some give you courses, but then again you'll need experience before being able to attend those courses.

There are however a few PMCs that offers "military courses" for quite a lot of money, but the training you get there really isn't worth much in a real life situation..

Hanuka...

Firstly, about the IDF...I know you dont want this advice but I hope you read it anyhow. Ive served with many Russian-Israelis. Yes, they will always be Russian, but they will also always be Israelis. I can tell you with all my heart, they were some of the best soldiers, people, and friends I met in the service. I beg that you think long and hard before deciding not to serve.

Now that I got the Zionist talk out of the way:) Here is my very practical advise.

Train physically and prepare your body. Go to Yom Sayarot, pass the selection and go to a Sayeret of one kind or another. Do your few years of service.
You will find this course of action has several benefits for you:
1) You will find out if you can actually "walk the walk"
2) You will recieve for free priceless military training
3) The fact that you were in the IDF special forces will increas your chance of emplyment in any PMC.
4) Your parents will be happy and you will get some peace of mind. Than when your 21 or 22 you can tell your parents its big-boy time and do what ever you want.
5) And this is going to upset you...But ill say it anyways. When you are 21 you may not feel the way you feel now. When I was 17 I was sure I will be an officer in the IDF until i retire at 45 and than work in some military related civilian firm. I than actually joined the IDF. I found out military life
isent a made for TV documentry.

Happy Hanuka, hanuka....

Why would anyone hire you without any experience? Sure someone may think they can do anything, they're in great shape, etc. If I were you, I'd join the Infantry, see how that goes, then join some sort of Special Forces unit, spend some time, then try. It's all about your psychological strength, not just your physical strength. See how it goes. Good luck.

Why would anyone hire you without any experience? Sure someone may think they can do anything, they're in great shape, etc. If I were you, I'd join the Infantry, see how that goes, then join some sort of Special Forces unit, spend some time, then try. It's all about your psychological strength, not just your physical strength. See how it goes. Good luck.

Great thing about the IDF(as far as this toppci goes), he can go to SF immidietly.

I never knew that, I was thinking about the CF more than the IDF when I writing that (here we have to spend some time in the Canadian Forces before we could apply for JTF2 or CSOR). That'd be a good idea, listen to Sherman, I think he knows what he's talking about.

PMC truth

heres the real deal with PMC's: pmc's are technically mercs, and therefore in violation of the U.N. anit-merc laws. what it is in reality is you are a consultant, or security operator. folks, this is in no way demeaning, as this is a huge need for the world right now. there is a small, VERY small chance you will see work with any company without YEARS or service with a major military. i know of only a few folks with law enforcment credintials serving in the suck. im sorry for the 17 yr old who is having a tough time, but i was in the same predicamament in the us and joined the army at 17. after that, i became a cop and up until now, have had major probs gettin on with contracting companies. many will NOT hire anyone without credintials, AND experience, and lastly, they start hiring at 25 yrs old. if you get hired by anyone at any age under 24 with no experience or credintials, you are probably being hired to die. plain an simply, you could also be in violation or not only international law, but the laws of whatever country you are in. just because a job has been advertised as such, does NOT mean it is legal or even legit. this is an area that anyone needs to leary of, but will be next to impossible for a 17yr old. no offense dude, but as an operator having seen this stuff first hand, i would not serve ina a unit with you, not knowing the same stuff i do, and not having the same training. just being honest. i like life, and im sure you will as well. the best advice i can give you is to join the IDF, get on a a spec ops unit, join the u.s. military, and get all the medical experience you can. swat medics are in major need for the major companies as are k9 guys. feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. that goes for anyone. roll on.

Ah Well

First let me say shalom to SHERMAN and hello to the 7th Armor, I spent time in the Hi'moush working with the tanks in the Southern Command. Now to you young man, you should really have your head examined and spend a little time with some psychiatric counseling before you jump from the frying pan into the fire. Read over again the remarks by the previous contributors, they each have made some very salient points about the business at hand and their comments offer you some education for free while you are still alive to take advantage of it. You must question your motives. A lot is said about weaponry and such but the role of the true professional soldier is to save and protect the lives of the defenseless against the predators and assassins of the world. The effectiveness of the commercial warrior is more accurately measured by the numbers of lives he saves, not the bullets fired. Sometimes the only way to tell the good from the bad is the good guys know when to stop shooting while the bad guys never do. It's necessary to have police because criminals proliferate and it's necessary to have professional soldiers for an option to restore order when diplomacy fails. The US military is not perfect but where they go, they try to save lives, restore order, and rebuild a liveable culture when possible. In Israel, we have to respond to aggression to keep from being displaced by it and to protect homes and farms and schoolchildren. In the Legion, this is another option for going into chaotic situations to rescue people from terrorism and help defend the defenseless although perhaps in a more unorthodox way. When the surgeon comes in your room you know he is going to have to cut out some unhealthy tumor so the healthy tissue can live, when done he will stop cutting. It is not possible to save the lives of killers and terrorists dedicated to a culture of death anymore than saving a tumor by leaving it in place. Likewise the professional soldier puts himself in between to give people who want to embrace life a chance to live. If all you want to do is shoot and kill then you will come down on the side of the tumors and one day a group of professional solders, maybe like some of the people that have written you comments on this forum, will have to come after you and cut you out to protect people from you. You must first decide if you want to use military service to make the world safer or just another way to end your life. I hope you choose life because you can do better than the attitude you have right now. Examine your motives and good luck.

Last edited:
Guys, he is 17 years old, it's called an adolescence crisis.

I dont mind his lack of nationalism or whatever, I think that it's rather healthy... It's so yesterday to fight for a country. Fighting for money have more value if we look carefully, it's just a step closer to the truth.

But honestly, this is irresponsible talk... He expressed very clearly that he was sick of being home, under the supervision of his parents who are boring...

Listen young brother, you dont want action. Once you will be in the real ****, you will be missing your home and your boring parents...
Your parents did a good job as parents, they bored you and took good care of you, now you are a young man, full of energy and enthusiasm. It takes some parenting to do that.

And this is a good thing. It's wonderful to be like that. But dont let some crooks exploit your energy... Dont turn into a corrupt mercenary.

And you can always try to join the French foreign legion. They will give you a quality training. And they will pay you a little and teach you an interesting language (french). You will meet people from all over the world. And they wont send you to a certain death...

What you must do

First of all no special forces force is going to take you if u do not focus on your grades in school. Believe it or not they only want well educated people, i know this because i was to an induction day a special forces camp and that's what i was told.

Second of all it illegal since a few years back for any mercenaries or solders of fortune to be or live in South Africa so the chance of finding a PMC force in SA is very low to impossible i know this because i am South African.

Thirdly i recommend you don't come to South Africa. Rather join your home countries military for 3-5 years then find one of the large PMC's in Europe or the USA. Without any training they will not accept you. With experience you will be picked up in no time.

So good luck

The world needs cannon fodder - to be brutal and honest this guy probably fit’s the bill. And the human gene pool might be better off without him.

When I had 17, I was in a similar way as you, finding the life so boring and my friends idiots. Thank God I didn't know about the Foreign Legion at the time, because I would probably went into it with 18, and probably would not like.

I'm a civilian, without any military experience. Even so, would recommend you to serve in the IDF, something that you need to do anyway. Don't considerate the conscription as "for Israel" (fulfill your obligations, of course), but rather than that just an introduction for you the military. If you like from it, then go ahead with your plans. With 21 you would be still young, and with experience to decide what you want, and much better. Any psychologist will give you this answer.

Last edited:
The world needs cannon fodder - to be brutal and honest this guy probably fit’s the bill. And the human gene pool might be better off without him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6FQa2CcDqs"]1945 Last Film from the Oder Front - German Teen Soldiers - YouTube[/ame]

The Fuher certainly liked from man like him. :thumb:

Back