10 Second Hair Cuts, Right Of Passage

FULLMETALJACKET

MilForum Bad Apple
for someone whos gone through the first few days of Basic, the haircut, the transformation from civilian to recruit. what is it like? how did you feel from the time you got up to leave for basic until the next time you got sleep. schedule. everything.

NOT FROM PERSONAL EXPERIence
My best friend Jake just got out of bootcamp and went back for Combat training...
He said he didn't sleep for the first 2 days....
:)

migidarra said:
NOT FROM PERSONAL EXPERIence
My best friend Jake just got out of bootcamp and went back for Combat training...
He said he didn't sleep for the first 2 days....
:)

We didn't get to sleep for 2 1/2 days after we arrived at boot camp. The hair cut.....hurts. And you get one every week!

But I didn't know they keep you awake at SOI. I leave for SOI tomorrow morning. :cry:

SOI = School Of Infantry. It's a Marine Corps school.

Hey, here's a suggestion. When you get to the barber be sure to tell him you like to race cars. ;) :twisted: :lol:

Charge is joking but the barber will ask anyone who has anything that would interfere with the haircut to speak up. Just tell them what the deal is and it'll go easier on you (you'll still get the haircuts). I never had a problem with the haircuts. Much like the latrine, it's one of the few opportunities to sit down in BCT, so enjoy it :)

im also a kind of shy guy i really dont like to stick out in a crowd good or bad so i probably will just let him run it over and hold onto my :cen:

DTop said:
Charge is joking but the barber will ask anyone who has anything that would interfere with the haircut to speak up. Just tell them what the deal is and it'll go easier on you (you'll still get the haircuts). I never had a problem with the haircuts. Much like the latrine, it's one of the few opportunities to sit down in BCT, so enjoy it :)

Right you are, Top.

FULLMETALJACKET, the barbers often ask you that question. If you say "yes" you get a "racing stripe" of buzzed scalp down the middle of your hair and you're sent to the back of the line - often to be required to furnish sound effects like "Vvrrroomm, vroom!". At least that was the case in my day. ;) :twisted: :p

We were watching a video in AFJROTC oddly enough...about marine basic...But the D.I's said that they didnt want the recruits to sleep to disorient them....They said that they put more stress on the most that theycould put a combat like situation on them.

i dont want no mickey mouse hair cut! :eek: ill just take it, if anyone else has gone through Marine Basic and can tell me of their experiences please PM me, like what it was like the morning you got up to leave on the bus, your senior drill instructor...and so on.

If you're asking about the Marines, use the term "Boot Camp".

Oh, that's the thing about videos, they're not reality.

If that wasnt reality then I dont wanna be a Marine...Cause this looked pretty real to me and it was harsh.

Mod edit: Check your PM.

Right you are, Top.

FULLMETALJACKET, the barbers often ask you that question. If you say "yes" you get a "racing stripe" of buzzed scalp down the middle of your hair and you're sent to the back of the line - often to be required to furnish sound effects like "Vvrrroomm, vroom!". At least that was the case in my day. ;) :twisted: :p
sounds good to me

Back